|University Motto||Your Future begins at Alice Lloyd College|
|President||Joe Alan Stepp|
|Year of establishment||1923|
|Address||100 Purpose Road, Pippa Passes, KY 41844|
|City||Pippa Passes, Kentucky|
Alice Lloyd College
Alice Lloyd College is a four-year liberal arts work college in Pippa Passes, Kentucky, United States. It was co-founded by the journalist Alice Spencer Geddes Lloyd, a native of Cambridge, Massachusetts, and June Buchanan, a native of New York City, in 1923, at first under the name of Caney Junior College, as an institution to educate leaders for Appalachia locally. It became a four-year, bachelor's degree-granting institution in the early 1980s. Alice Lloyd College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The mission of Alice Lloyd College is to educate mountain people for positions of leadership by:
- Making an Alice Lloyd College education available to qualified mountain students regardless of their financial situation.
- Offering a high quality academic program, emphasizing the liberal arts.
- Promoting the work ethic through a self-help Student Work Program in which all full-time students participate.
- Providing an atmosphere in which Christian values are maintained, encouraging high personal standards, and the development of character.
- Serving the community and region through appropriate outreach programs which utilize mountain people helping mountain people.
- Assisting deserving students in obtaining advanced study beyond their program at Alice Lloyd.
- Producing leaders for Appalachia who possess high moral and ethical values, an attitude of self-reliance, and a sense of service to others.
The Alice Lloyd College is a Private university located in Pippa Passes.
The Alice Lloyd College was founded in 1923.
The current president of Alice Lloyd College is Joe Alan Stepp.
The Alice Lloyd College business school provides management education through programs designed to equip future leaders with the tools for success in both corporate and public positions.
The Alice Lloyd College offers a wide variety of business degrees, including, among others, the Bachelor of Accounting and Business and Management and the Bachelor of Business and Commerce. Click here to see all Alice Lloyd College Business Programs
Alice Lloyd College is aware that registered nurses are the backbone of the medical field, that's why Alice Lloyd College offers nurses accredited nursing programs to earn a diploma or associates degree.
The Alice Lloyd College also offers the highly demanded Bachelor of Science in Nursing to registered nurses (RN to BSN), a program that will open up even more job opportunities to practicing nurses.
Nurses holding a BSN degree can take leadership roles within a hospital or medical practice, and even hold management positions. Click here to see all Alice Lloyd College Nursing Programs
Health Related Progams are available throughout Alice Lloyd College’s health colleges and schools.
From undergraduate programs to residencies and fellowships, Alice Lloyd College’s combination of classroom and hands-on medical training make Alice Lloyd College’s health programs some of the most competitive in the country. Click here to see all Alice Lloyd College Health Related Progams