|University Motto||To the stars through science|
|President||T. Dwayne McCay|
|Year of establishment||September 22, 1958|
|Address||150 W. University Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901|
Florida Institute of Technology
The university's 130-acre primary residential campus is located near the Melbourne International Airport and the Florida Tech Research Park. It is about 50 miles (80 km) from the Kennedy Space Center and 75 miles (121 km) from Orlando.
Florida Institute of Technology’s mission is to provide high-quality education to a culturally diverse student body in order to prepare students for entering the global workforce, seeking higher-education opportunities, and serving within their communities.
The university also seeks to expand knowledge through basic and applied research and to serve the diverse economic, cultural, and societal needs of our local, state, national and international constituencies.In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Promoting student development by fostering and sustaining a productive institutional culture of assessment that leads to the continuous improvement of academic and administrative programs;
- Developing an organizational culture that values and encourages intellectual curiosity, a sense of belonging and shared purpose among faculty, students and staff, and the pursuit of excellence in all endeavors;
- Recruiting and developing excellent faculty to become leaders in their respective fields and internationally recognized scholars;
- Achieving recognition as an effective, innovative, technology-focused educational and research institution;
- Recruiting and retaining an excellent, highly select and culturally diverse student body;
- Continually improving the quality of campus life for all members of the university community;
- Providing personal and career growth opportunities for both traditional and nontraditional students and members of the faculty and staff;
- Securing and maintaining professional accreditation for all appropriate programs.
Florida Institute of Technology is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, education specialist and doctoral degrees.
The Florida Institute of Technology is a Private university located in Melbourne.
The Florida Institute of Technology was founded in September 22, 1958.
The current president of Florida Institute of Technology is T. Dwayne McCay.
According to verified online sources, the Florida Institute of Technology enrolls a total of 6631 students.
According to the main website, the Florida Institute of Technology has a total student population of 3586 undergraduate students and 3045 graduate students.
Colleges and universities across the US are canceling in-person classes due to coronavirus. (COVOD-19) For information on CoronaVirus measures taken by Florida Institute of Technology please visit their website or Click here to see all Florida Institute of Technology Coronavirus COVID-19 preventive measures.