Program Spotlight: Online MBA in Sustainability and Environmental Compliance
Friday, August 30, 2019
Our environment’s future and how we can work to sustain the planet through green living has long been a matter of great importance. As these global problems grow and the need for solutions increases, companies continue to seek professionals with master’s degrees in practices of sustainability. These Green MBAs, MBAs that focus on environmentally sustainable management, are a fast-growing specialization. There are Green MBA programs available online for those who are unable to relocate to a physical college campus. While not all universities offer Green MBA's, we can assure you that several of the best universities' business colleges do offer some kind of MBA program focused on the environment.
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU)
What does SNHU's program have to offer?
Master Green Business Practices with an MBA in Sustainability and Environmental Compliance
- SNHU's MBA program is one of the most affordable MBAs in the nation and can be completed in just over a year. The MBA in sustainability coursework will teach you the skills and knowledge you need to help your organization comply with constantly changing environmental laws and achieve sustainability goals. You'll discover how to build support for ecological strategies that make economic sense and learn how to be an advocate for positive change.
- Program Objectives
- By combining a solid foundation in business with a special emphasis on environmental issues, graduates leave with the ability to:
- Understand how energy requirements affect society and the environment
- Convey the practicality of addressing environmental issues as a more efficient way to do business
- Critically examine energy-related issues and the ecological consequences of a given situation
- Present accurate and cogent arguments to decision-makers that provide a diversity of perspectives
- Make recommendations for regulatory responses and actions
- Recognize the role that sustainability and environmental compliance play in community building, social engagement, civic participation, and political activism
- Apply the knowledge to make a difference within an organization, a community, and society at large
- Large and small firms
- Renewable energy and sustainability trade associations
- Ecological advocacy organizations
- Municipal and ecological regulatory agencies